The Fish and the apple The Fish and the apple

Animaton is really smooth, which is something that (to me) is more important than having uber-detailed models. Keep it up!

(They're right, though, I might see that fish in a nightmare.)

KByte KByte

Dude, this is an ambitious project, especially for one person. I have thus far only played the Atari level, and while the concept is neat, there are several bugs. Inability to jump off some surfaces at any angle other than parallel or almost perpendicular, some non-solid platforms that I think were supposed to be, and some undefined walls which lead to a gamebreaking off-map leap I made somewhere around level 20 (single left-firing cannon with two sets of spikes).

I think what this game really needs is some folks to playtest it and compile these issues in detail so that you can checklist them for correction. I'll definitely come back and try the other consoles! Keep it up!

JustAnotherBreakoutClone JustAnotherBreakoutClone

Well done for a short project. Controls are simple and tight. Maybe try to build on it by having some different behaving bricks (indestructable, 2-hits-to-break, etc.) put in there. See where it goes. Maybe have some bricks that act like Zelda statues that come to life and move around after hitting them the first time. Something like that to keep things interesting. Also, loop the music :p

Great job dude!

WiLD11 responds:

Yeah! Could do that. The music loops on firefox and chrome v42 or lower. New chrome update basically made it impossible for me to loop but it will be fixed in the next version of chrome.

Steps Steps

Great concept, kind of a hybrid of Dr. Mario, Tetris, and Klax. The minimalist design is very sleek and modern looking. I agree that this would make a great mobile game. One thing that would be nice to have is some kind of indicator as to how many steps your next turn will contain (similar to "next up" item in the aforementioned games). I've screwed myself a few times by gambling that a turn would have 2+ steps.

Blanconot responds:

We had similar thoughts about incoming turn steps indicator. We decided to leave as it is, so gameplay involves a little risk taking and small learning curve how effectively choose your available steps, but i don't spoil all the fun. You have to figure it out :) anyway thanks for feedback and pointing out this issue. Mobile version will come out in near future.

Prism Prism

Awesome as per usual! Really dig the delay arpeggios, gives the song more mood. I'm super jealous of your geetar skillz.

(Nr 7) (Nr 7)

And again, great tune, lovin' the melodies, especially the bridge/outro at 6:30. Cool use of the guitar to make a percussive track. You're really able to get an impressive amount of tones out of your instrument. I'm curious what you used to get the synth-bass sound. Keep it up!

bjarneliland responds:

Thanks! I just used an octave pedal, with an amp simulator and reverb, nothing fancy.

Petals Petals

I really like this. Fun composition, and liked hearing it build to see what else could be squashed in there in the later portion. It sounds like a sonic interpretation of a manic episode, bouncy and light that eventually spirals until it runs out of fuel. Very cool.

I dig the whole approach, too. I've seen some other solo musicians work with massive pedalboards and it doesn't always pan out, but it seems like you know what you're doing for sure. Keep it up, looking forward to hearing more!

bjarneliland responds:

Thanks a lot! I like your interpretation of the song.
I try to keep the amount of effects to a minimum, so I won't confuse myself, and I also just think it's cooler that way.